Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Court's creativity. and some more stuff.

So, court decided that he is going to be a handy wood carver man and Here is what he came up with... Well, first a little background. So, when we were down in Detle the last time, over Halloween, we went to a craft show and there were these REALLY cute shelves there with frames hanging from them. Kathy, court's mom, was like, those would be so easy to make! So I showed court and he agreed. I totally forgot about them afterwards, probably because I had the 36-hour stomach bug which totally sucked. Anyway, the other day I was at my mom's teaching piano and I called Court to say Hi and he said he was making a surprise for me! I was really excited because his surprises are always awesome! So, I finished teaching, went home and waited for Court to get home with my prize! He walks in the door and this is what he had...



Now here is a close up of the detail...


All I have to do now is paint it, rough it up a bit and then put the hook and hang frames from it and it will be just like the one I saw at the craft store, but for 10 bucks instead of $80!! Woohoo total score!!

So here are some pics from our latest Park adventure!






And last but not least, today while I was in my room and Brady was running around as usual, I saw him run over by the stairs and so I quickly finished what I was doing and went over to the stairs and this is what I found...


This was a first for him! I was so pround of him, except now I can't just bring him upstairs with me and expect him to stay upstairs

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

pictures?! That's so sweet of him.

Sarah said...

That will be so cute. You'll have to post pics when you are done with it.
Also, Im a little jealous that Brady knows how to go down the stairs on his own. I would love it if Lexi could figure that out soon. She loves to climb and then cries that she can't get down. Its a constant "game" at our house. :)

Ashley Rae said...

Ok, I love how proud he is of himself for climbing those stairs- he has such a triumphant look on his face. Haha.

And kudos to Court for making that- and without being told!! He gets major brownie points. What a sweet and talented hubby. I can't wait to see what it looks like when it's done!

The Good, The Bad, and The UGLY of Pinterest said...

oh my goodness, the pic of brady going down the slide just kills me! It is soooooo cute!! I want to take emma to the park!

Kaija said...

Brady seriously is the cutest little boy! You dress him so cute! He should do cereal commercials!
Love the shelf...how cute! show us pics when its done!

Kaija said...

didn't realized I used the word "cute" so many times! I need a thesaurus

kurtisandaubrey said...

Brady is getting so big! We do need to get together. I had a horrible cold the last like two weeks. This weekend we will be in Salina but maybe next weekend?

Raising Helm said...

So cute! amazing at how big he is getting. Stairs are one of the long awaited. want to wait steps in their life. Good luck and hopefully there won't be too many bumps and thumps. You have a cute family and way to go Court! you get major brownie points! ok I just read Ash Rae comment and mine is pretty close- but know I meant it all.