Thursday, October 18, 2012

Oh, that's who I am.

So, another thing that I'm finding is this. When I was yw pres, part of the Devil's way to trick and confuse me was this. He tricked me into thinking I didn't have time/energy for the things that make me who I am. Things like reading, spending days with my kiddos, doing fun things for my honey, making a delicious meal, scrap booking (haven't exactly done that yet, but I feel like I could and I feel that I want to), taking time to really clean my house (I know, cleaning, bleh, but it makes me feel good to have a clean home with laundry done), getting dressed cute (probably has to do with i can actually SEE my clothes now cuz my closet is huge, although, i am really looking forward to getting unpregnant so that i can wear normal clothes again), taking my kids to the park and being able to really watch and play with them instead of having my head elsewhere, singing with my kids, etc. These are things that, since I've been in Vegas, I have found again. Since im not under constant attack by the Evil one. And I have to say, feels kinda good to remember that part of me. It's a little like a breath of fresh air. :)

2 comments:

Raising Helm said...

You made it to Vegas! It sounds like things are already looking up! Bravo! Well i hope you love it down there and enjoy the nice weather at the moment. Can't wait to hear more of your adventures...

Ashley Rae said...

Yeah, I totally agree- it is SO important to make time to do the things we love. The things that keep us happy and remind us who we are :) Glad you're enjoying Vegas!